Monday, March 28, 2011

A Hutch Redone!

So I needed something to use as an entryway table in between my front door and coat closet. The space was screaming for some color. I found this "not so beautiful" hutch at our local thrift shop for just $25! I know most people probably walked right by it thinking, ugh! that thing isn't worth $25. But, if you took a closer look, it was a very solid piece of furniture and it only had very minor flaws. With a little sanding and about 3 cans of spray paint, it was reborn!

BEFORE



AFTER

I got these knobs at Lowes, but they were too brassy looking for me. I found some handles that I loved (see below) and I liked the shape of these knobs but wanted them to match the handles a little better, so I took a Scotch Pad and sandpaper to them and aged them a little bit, see below.

Before sanding
After Sanding 

 Love these beauties!

Now I have the perfect place to store all of our board games!

All supplies were purchased at Lowes.
3 Cans of Valspar "New Avocado" Spray Paint
2 Knobs
2 Handles
Total about $20.00 + $25 for hutch =$45 for one really cool piece!


9 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Great job!!! I'm always in the lookout for great pieces to redo.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is just BEAUTIFUL! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I could use 1 or 2 of those - one in my entry for keys, dog walking stuff and shoes/boots in the cabinets and then one upstairs in my living room to hide my small kitchen appliances that i use but want to keep out of my valuable kitchen cabinets. I also like how you have games in yours :) Around here, it's hard to find a piece like that - at that height, they usually have drawers at least on one side - so that's an EXTRA good find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I never great furniture at the thrift store :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out great! Looks like a fun project.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS. Love the redo and the color is fantastic. Wish I could find things like this for that price

    ReplyDelete
  7. After is always better! It looks really good can't wait to see the next makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI...I have really enjoyed browsing your blog, I am now a new follower! Love your furniture transformations.
    audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. The work you did on this hutch is very inspiring! I'm new to DIY redo's and I will definitely keep this peice in mind for inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete