Friday, December 4, 2009

Handmade Christmas Ornaments

Here are some handmade ornaments that I finished last night. I got the ornaments themselves from HL for about .50 cents each on sale. They are made of corragated cardboard and are hollow. I started by painting each one with red acrylic paint. It dries quickly and only requires one coat on these. Then I printed my images and colored them with my Bic Mark Its. I cut them out and then applied "Triple Thick" (Diamond Glaze) to the back of the image then pressed it firmly down onto the ornament. Then I applied a generous top coat of glaze over the entire ornament to give it a shine. Very easy to do and fun! The first one is a cube that has various snowman images from Dustin Pike on it. I'll be hanging this one on my tree.


This one is a disk shaped ornament. I used one of Dustin's santa images on it. It will be hanging in the center of a wreath that is going on my grandfather's door at the nursing home he lives in.

2 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh - I've never heard of Triple Thick - but I love what you did with the ornaments and the door hanger!

    ReplyDelete