Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pickin' Punkins - Fall Scrap & Stamp Challenge

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a fabulous Saturday! This is my first time to be a part of the Scrap and Stamp DT challenge. This week's challenge was to scrap about "Fall Traditions". These photos were so perfect for this theme. I took them of my son Travis at the Pumpkin Patch a couple of months ago. Every year we visit the pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect pumpkin. He loves to go there. The man who owns it is an old family friend and I think he enjoys our visits just as much as we do.


I used this week's sketch from 52 Weeks, 52 Sketches. The cute little die cut title was a free svg file from SVGcuts.com. I just downloaded it and cut it with my SCAL program and Cricut. It was so perfect for this layout! As a part of the challenges at Scrap and Stamp, we are supposed to use stamping somewhere in the layout. Well, I decided to spruce it up a bit with some flourishes. So I got out my acrylic flourish stamps and used my Tim Holtz "brushed corduroy" distressing inks to put flourishes in all the right places.

Don't forget to hop on over to Scrap and Stamp to check out the other fabulous layouts done by our Design Team this week. There is a whole new crop of designers ready to show off what they've done, so share the love!

2 comments: